Sunday 26 March 2017

Early Learning?

I guess I'm very much old school when it comes to identifying my ingrained social inclinations with many of the habits demonstrated by public figures in the 21st century.

When my son (now in his 50s) was at preschool, (or kindergarten as it was then known universally), I would've been appalled if I came upon him being fondled and/or slobbered upon without my permission by some upstart political figure trying to animated a legislative program aimed at reforming 'early learning'. I could be wrong, but I don't think Bob Menzies would've thought that was an essential part of his campaigning either. He, of course, was renowned for his ability to paint recognizable word pictures without the need to wear funny hats, safety vests, or utilize children as policy props!

Had I ever stumbled upon my son being thus employed... I guarantee that no matter how inarticulate the miscreant might be... he/she would have no difficulty in understanding my view of the procedure!




No comments:

Post a Comment